Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lookin' Good, Marv

Marvin Haubrich - 1930's
The obituary of my Uncle Marv had this short sentence, "after high school, he worked as a musician playing violin and string bass with dance bands."  I think this was his "uniform"! Wow! Lookin' pretty sharp, Uncle Marv.
 
Among my research goals is to learn more about Marv's WWII days with the 5th Army in Europe. Slowly but surely, I've been working on that. (Thanks to cousin Karen and Aunt Evelyn for some great pics and other information!). But's that's a coming attraction.
 
The dance band story intrigues me as well. I wonder what the bands were called. Where did they play? Who else was in the bands? Oh well, at least I got some pictures. Betty Jean knows a little bit, I think. I better ask her soon.
 
The Haubrichs had music in their blood, and I bet they could "cut a mean rug" too!















 

No comments:

Post a Comment