Monday, December 22, 2014

Nice Day for a Sled

David, John, and Mary Beth Dolan, Johnnie Maxie
Ophir Park, Zion, IL Late 1950s

Nice day for a post - before I leave the house today I felt the need to share another pic from the archives.

It's a rainy, dreary day in MN and any snow we had is now gone. Guess I have to say that I'm not too sad about that. I miss the sun and wish it weren't so gloomy! And Amy sent a nice winter Montana scene via Facebook today. But call me an old _____ ... I don't miss the snow.

I wonder what happened. I used to love to play in the snow, as my cheesy smile in the photo seems to indicate (Apparently, David not so much!)

I remember that day! Ophir Park, 29th and Sheridan in Zion. Fun day. Good sleddin! That's my old neighborhood friend, Johnnie Maxie next to sister Mary.

Ah...."let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" ... somewhere else!

2 comments:

  1. David does look crabby; and there is more proof that Isaiah is pure Dolan :-) As though we all didn't already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture!!!
    And I want snow for Christmas....once you're all safely tucked away in our cottage.

    ReplyDelete