Thursday, December 18, 2014

Merry Christmas Mom and Dad!


Not much I want to say about this one - from my favorite picture file. It's Christmas time and I'm missing my Mom and Dad some lately.

I don't remember a bad Christmas growing up. They always made it good. This one is from my first Christmas - 1952. It's our house just off Hampton Ave.- 4700 N. 50th in Milwaukee. (I sure would like to get in there now for a peek!) Mom's jammies with the footies are classic and Daddy's robe. Looks like Mary is gonna make out okay with the presents. And the TV looks interesting too. Wonder who's foot that is sticking out from the couch. Probably one of the Grandmas.

They were so young (32 and 31) and were living the American dream.

Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad! I miss you.

3 comments:

  1. I miss them too! The footie pjs really are awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jammies kill me. And they look so young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful picture. I love how young Grandpa always looks so happy and proud. Grandma is beautiful and I still always see Johannah's face there.

    ReplyDelete